This page is a work in progress and may thus be incomplete. Its content may be changed in the near future.
See Contributing to This Wiki#Manual_Outline for outline of what is planned to have here eventually. At the moment chapters listed below are available.
- Main principles on which Vifm is built and according to which it's developed.
- Vifm as part of an environment.
- Basic movement commands.
- Opening files, starting applications, running external commands.
- Basic configuration.
- Configuration files location and structure.
- Affecting use of configuration files by Vifm.
- Configuring Vifm to preserve its state across sessions.
- How state conflicts are resolved.
- Leaving Vifm started in special "file-picker" mode.
- Moving around and editing.
- Command and argument completion.
- Working with history.
- Pasting runtime context into command-line.
- Editing command-line externally.
- Creating new color schemes.
- List of third-party color schemes.